[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Active Directory sync Help!

kiran madala kirankmadala at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 14:35:00 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am trying to sync the DS with AD. Since I am new to AD and DS I have few questions.

I want to synchronize only users and groups so Is it necessary to enable SSL on Active Directory and connect to Active directory through SSL?

In the replica settings the supplier DN user need to be on both AD and DS with should be a Domain admin of the AD?

When trying to synchronize with AD the bind DN (In screen shot) user should be in both AD and DS?

I have attached the screen shot of my final DS agreement window. I believe currently it is defined to synchronize users what changes I need to make it synchronize groups aswell.

Thanks in advance
Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon!
http://puzzles.sympatico.msn.ca/chicktionary/index.html?icid=htmlsig