[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Active Directory sync Help!

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 18:12:43 UTC 2008

kiran madala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to sync the DS with AD. Since I am new to AD and DS I have few questions.
>
> I want to synchronize only users and groups so Is it necessary to enable SSL on Active Directory and connect to Active directory through SSL?

No.  TLS/SSL is only required for password sync.
> In the replica settings the supplier DN user need to be on both AD and DS
No, only on AD
> with should be a Domain admin of the AD?

Domain admin is the easiest way to go - harder but safer would be to
create a special user that has read/write access to the subtree only.
> When trying to synchronize with AD the bind DN (In screen shot) user should be in both AD and DS?
>

> I have attached the screen shot of my final DS agreement window. I believe currently it is defined to synchronize users what changes I need to make it synchronize groups aswell.

You should definitely not use o=NetscapeRoot.  When you ran setup, it
should have created a suffix for use with users and groups e.g.
dc=netscaper,dc=com