[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora Directory Server 1.1 : Cannot log in the Managent Console

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 17:33:27 UTC 2008

useless at mail.bg wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Several days ago I downloaded and installed Fedora Directory Server 1.1.
What platform?  Which Java are you using?
fedora-idm-console -D 9 -f console.log may provide more information.
> The problem is that I cannot log in the Management Console
> (fedora-idm-console)- every time when I try to log in it(
> http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot1bx4.png ), I get the
> following error :
>
> http://img108.imageshack.us/my.php?image=snapshot2fi1.png
>
> and I find the following messages in the /var/log/httpd dir:
>
> /var/log/httpd/access_log :
> 127.0.0.1 - - [08/Jan/2008:19:45:26 +0200] "GET
> /admin-serv/authenticate HTTP/1.0" 400 294 "-"
> "Fedora-Management-Console/1.1.0"
>
> /var/log/httpd/error_log :
> [Tue Jan 08 19:45:26 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Client sent
> malformed Host header
This is very strange.  The admin server should be using
/var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv for its logs.  You should not have the
operating system apache running and listening to the same port number
(9830) as the admin server, if you have them both running at the same time.

grep Listen /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
grep Listen /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/console.conf

The console cannot talk to standard apache - the admin server has
special configuration and a special apache module that allows it to
communicate with the console.

> The dirsrv, dirsrv-admin and httpd deamons are running. I have no
> problem with opening localhost:9830 and
> localhost:9830/admin-serv/authenticate in my browser.
Does "localhost" resolve to the same thing as "localhost.localdomain"?

Try doing fedora-idm-console -A http://localhost:9830/
<snip>