[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora Directory Server 1.1 : Cannot log in the Management Console

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 20:51:45 UTC 2008

useless at mail.bg wrote:
> I am running Fedora 8. The version of java is 1.5.0. I am sorry for
> not mentioning that.
This will not work.  You must use the IcedTea Java on Fedora 8.

yum install java-1.7.0-icedtea

Then use java -version to confirm that is the correct one.

> This is the output of the command */fedora-idm-console -D 9 -f
> console.log :/* (the file /console.log/ is empty after quiting the
> Managment Console Log-in window)

> /java.util.prefs.userRoot=/root/.fedora-idm-console
> path.separator=:
> java.vm.name=GNU libgcj
> java.vm.specification.name=Java(tm) Virtual Machine Specification
> java.runtime.version=1.5.0
> java.util.prefs.systemRoot=/root/.fedora-idm-console
> java.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre
> /

This means you're using gcj 1.5, not icedtea java.

> /java.vm.specification.version=1.0
> line.separator=
>
> /

<snip>

> /http://:80/[0:0] send> Host: :80
> /

This looks like some sort of bug in the gcj url parser - it should be
localhost:9830, not ":80".  icedtea java should not have this problem.