[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora DS 1.1 on Fedora 8

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 18:28:29 UTC 2008

Gene Poole wrote:
> Is it mandatory to install Fedora DS 1.1 via RPM on Fedora 8?
It will be difficult to install all of the separate RPMs.  Better to use
"yum install fedora-ds" instead.
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Notes
> Does the RPM
> install it in /opt/fedora-ds?
No - it now installs in the usual FHS places - see
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FHS_Packaging
> I attempted to use an older version for
> Fedora Core 6 and although it would install, it was unusable as it wouldn't
> work with Apache HTTPD 2.2.6.
What were the errors you encountered?  The Fedora DS 1.0.4 for FC6
should work with Apache 2.2, unless F8 has an updated 2.2 that is not
compatible with the Apache 2.2 included with FC6.
> What are your suggestions?

Fedora DS 1.1, installed via yum