[Fedora-directory-users] Migrate users from Netscape LDAP to Red Hat DS

Ankur Agarwal ankur_agwal at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 21:53:09 UTC 2008

Hi,

  We want to migrate users from Netscape LDAP to RedHat DS. On RedHat we have created a similar schema (as existing on netscape) and now plan to export LDIF from Netscape and import that into RedHat DS. This should work fine but what will happen to the user passwords since in the export they will be hashed. Will they get successfully imported into RedHat or will they get rehashed during the import thus sopiling the migration.

  Please advise how should we plan user migration using some simple mechanism.

  regards,
  Ankur