[Fedora-directory-users] Authenticate before querying ldap.

shivaraj.shivanna at wipro.com shivaraj.shivanna at wipro.com
Thu Jan 24 11:07:26 UTC 2008

Hi,
Our organization has an AD server running which requires you to bind to
it first before querying the server.

For example commands like
    ldapsearch -x -h "some ip" "(cn=abcd)" -b "some base" would fail
with LdapErr: DSID-0C090627, comment: In order to perform this
operation a successful bind must be completed on the connection.
but commands like
    ldapsearch -x -h "some ip" "(cn=abcd)" -b "some base"  -D "some user
dn" -W  would work on entering correct password.

How can we replicate this behavior with the fedora directory server ?

Regards,
Shivraj