[Fedora-directory-users] ldap commands require "-Y GSSAPI". Fixable with "Identity Mapping" ?

Listbox listbox at hymerfania.com
Fri Jan 25 19:51:07 UTC 2008

Hi folks,

I have sasl-gssapi installed. But to use any ldap clients like ldapsearch or
ldapmodify, I must specify "-Y GSSAPI" , else I get a "no mechanism
available" error. Is this an "Identity Mapping" problem, an ldap.conf
problem, or is it "as designed"?

My ldap.conf man page says that "SASL_MECH" is a per-user setting in
.ldaprc, so I worry that my services without a login will not use LDAP
correctly.
I read
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/8.0/Introduction_to_SASL-SA
SL_Identity_Mapping.html
  and the next section on "Realms" but the docs don't say if one should
actually put "cn=gssapi,cn=auth" into the SASL map.

Thanks!

***************************
***************************
***************************
[installer at trixter ~]$  ldapsearch  -V
ldapsearch: @(#) $OpenLDAP: ldapsearch 2.3.34 (Nov  2 2007 08:16:21) $

kojibuilder at xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.3
.34/openldap-2.3.34/build-clients/clients/tools
        (LDAP library: OpenLDAP 20333)
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6)
        additional info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

***************************
***************************
[installer at trixter ~]$  ldapsearch  -V     -Y GSSAPI > /dev/null
ldapsearch: @(#) $OpenLDAP: ldapsearch 2.3.34 (Nov  2 2007 08:16:21) $

kojibuilder at xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com:/builddir/build/BUILD/openldap-2.3
.34/openldap-2.3.34/build-clients/clients/tools
        (LDAP library: OpenLDAP 20333)
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: installer at HYMESRUZICKA.ORG
SASL SSF: 56
SASL installing layers