[Fedora-directory-users] Scheduled Resync with Windows Sync?

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Jul 2 13:01:21 UTC 2008

Glenn wrote:
> It is difficult to know when a full resynchronization is necessary for a
> given Windows Sync agreement.
Why do you want to perform a full sync ? Typically that would only be
done if
a) the servers had been out of contact for a long time or b) when
bringing up a new
server or c) if the software is broken.
> I would like to be able to start a full resync
> from a cron script.  Is this possible, or is there any other way to schedule
> a full resync to run periodically without human intervention?

You can do this. The console initiates sync by writing to an LDAP entry
in the server's
agreement tree. I'm not sure if this is documented so you might need to
snoop the traffic
from a manual operation and then write a script to generate the same result.