[Fedora-directory-users] Case Sensitive Lookup and Searching

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 15:21:40 UTC 2008

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Rich Megginson wrote:
>> Michael Ströder wrote:
>>> I really wonder whether default matching rules are applied for
>>> certain LDAP syntaxes and how to find out which these are.
>>>
>> If there is no matching rule, it just goes by the most appropriate
>> internal matching rule that corresponds to the SYNTAX.
>
> Any description how the "most appropriate internal matching rule" is
> chosen?
No, not really, afaik.  I suppose it attempts to use "common sense" e.g.
if the syntax is for case sensitive string, it uses a matching rule for
case sensitive string comparison, and uses indexers for case sensitive
strings.
> Is the list of matching rules in the subschema subentry complete?
Complete as in "implements every matching rule defined in every LDAP
RFC" - no.