[Fedora-directory-users] Using Console, posixGroups

Hendry, Chris Chris.Hendry at turner.com
Tue Jul 8 20:11:56 UTC 2008

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I'm using FDS to authenticate Linux and Mac.

Mac uses the LDAP Mappings: RFC 2307, thus to get what groups a users is
a part of, it looks at the attribute memberUid from posixGroup Class.

When using the console to create a group, by default, it uses the
attribute uniquemember  from the groupOfUniquNames class.  Thus I have
to add the posixGroup class manually using the advance button.  Also, to
modify users of a group, I can not simply use the memberof window, must
use the advanced button to modify the memberUid attribute.

This does not make much sense.  Adding a group should be like adding a
User, where you have a window to enable Posix attributes. Any ideas on
getting the console to handle the posixGroup class?

Chris