[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Fedora DS Installation

Gene Poole gene.poole at macys.com
Mon Jul 21 17:20:28 UTC 2008

Rich Megginson wrote:

> Can you describe exactly what you are trying to do?
>
> Not directly with RPM.  The Fedora DS RPMs we provide are not
> relocateable.  They abide by the FHS -
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FHS_Packaging
>
> If you want to build it from source, you can provide a specific prefix
> or use the default prefix /opt/fedora-ds.
>
> There may be other ways to achieve what you want to do.  Please provide
> more details.

If you remember older releases came as tar balls which allowed me to
determine where I wanted the software and create a file system ahead of
time.  Since it started using RPMs, I can no longer build a server and
create all of the file systems ahead of time, because how will I know if
they decide to move it next week? next month? next year?

Thanks,
Gene Poole