[Fedora-directory-users] Recover directory database files when disk fills up!

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Tue Jul 29 08:51:42 UTC 2008

We had the disk with the directory database files fill up overnight, a
rogue process :-[

Now the directory server will not start I get the following reported in
the system logs.

    Jul 29 09:44:50 bastion ns-slapd: auxpropfunc error invalid
    parameter supplied
    Jul 29 09:44:50 bastion ns-slapd: sql_select option missing
    Jul 29 09:44:50 bastion ns-slapd: auxpropfunc error no mechanism
    available

What can I do to recover the database so that I can start the server?