[Fedora-directory-users] Remote console fails for access to Fedora-DS 1.1

Wolf Siedler siedler at hrd-asia.com
Tue Jun 10 15:30:37 UTC 2008

> now I see the info from your first message, it looks like a java
> problem to me even though it should work.  What I did was used the
> java for rhel from the supplimental RHN channel and it always worked
> well.

I just tried it again through the Windows msi for the IDM console.

System is Windows 2000 and Sun-JRE 1.5.0_15.
The dos prompt shows the same Java error as quoted in my previous report.

Windows 2000 and Sun-JRE 1.6.0_06:
Same problem as before; when clicking on "Directory Server" in the
console there is an error message about a missing fedora-ds-1.0.jar.
Furthermore, when clicking on "Administration Server", even that one
doesn't open anymore. Instead there is a similar popup windows
complaining about a missing fedora-ds-1.1.jar.

I'll try Java 6 on Linux tomorrow.

Has anybody running a standalone IDM console? If yes - on which OS/Java
version?

Regards,
Wolf