[Fedora-directory-users] pk12util error

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 15:34:05 UTC 2008

ken oh wrote:

> I'm trying to get Windows Sync working on FDS 1.1.  I am stuck at the
> step where you export the directory server's certificate to a file.  I
> use this command in /etc/dirsrv/slapd-test2:
>

> pk12util -d . -P slapd-test2- -o cacert.p12 -n Server-Cert

You don't need to use the prefix (-P) argument any more with Fedora DS
1.1 - each key/cert db is in its own private directory.  In addition,
using -o cacert.p12 implies that the file contains a CA certificate/key
pair - you probably want to name the file dscert.p12 to avoid any
ambiguity.  So

pk12util -d . -o dscert.p12 -n Server-Cert