[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora-DS alias dereference problem.

Sergey Kamshilin Sergey.Kamshilin at radisys.com
Thu Jun 26 00:20:48 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'd like to report it as a bug because I could not find any help on
forums neither in other sources...

It appears that Fedora-DS 1.1.0-3 does not dereference aliases even if
it asked for. So I have a simple example:

============
# ldapsearch -x -LLL -b "ou=Special Users,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com" -a
always

dn: ou=Special Users,dc=lab, dc=convedia, dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit
ou: Special Users

dn: aliasedobjectname=ou\=DNS\,dc\=lab\,dc\=convedia\,dc\=com,ou=Special
Users  ,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
aliasedObjectName: ou=DNS,dc=lab,dc=convedia,dc=com
objectClass: alias
objectClass: top
===============

Instead of "dn: aliasedobjectname=..." I would expect to see a DNS
subtree (DNS object).
Couple lines may be wrapped but the idea is that parameter "-a always"
is ignored. Is it a known issue? Is there any workarounds?

I have installed:
fedora-ds-1.1.0-3.fc6
fedora-ds-admin-1.1.2-2.fc6
fedora-ds-console-1.1.1-2.fc6