[Fedora-directory-users] netscapeRoot and Config propagation

Ken Marsh kmarsh at gdrs.com
Thu Mar 6 21:21:57 UTC 2008

Thanks everyone for answering on the Groups question. I was so focused
People ou in the GUI I didn't see the Group ou a few menu lines up. :-)
I went into it and rediscovered that I knew how to create posixgroups
two years ago. I created a new one succesfully and added users to it. On
an LDAP-ified Linux host they can now newgrp to that group.

Now I have two more complicated questions.

1.	Group info does not multi-master replicate like user info does.

Specifically, I would like to manage posixgroups from any MultiMaster
server. My new posix group is stuck on just the server I created it on.

2.	Config data does not multi-master replicate like user info does.

It would be nice to administer any server from any server. At the moment
the only way I know how to do this is on installation. I don't want to
reinstall any DS at this point, though. My understanding is that mmr.pl
sets up replication for only userRoot, not NetscapeRoot.

I went through the Admin GUI and under the Configuration tab,
Replication->NetscapeRoot I checked "Enable Replica", checked
MultiMaster and set up the Current Supplier DN's to cn=repman,cn=config
just like userRoot.

Now it has a replica entry under Directory Tab->config->mapping tree
just like dc=company,dc=com . However the attributes under
o=NetscapeRoot do not have the nsslapd-backend and nsslapd-referral
attributes. I'm guessing I need something like mmr.pl except for
NetscapeRoot to fill in the blanks.

Is there a howto for this, or any tips?

Once again, thanks to the Fedora DS development team for a great
product. Despite my noobish questions, it has saved me countless
manhours and been very reliable.

Ken Marsh

ANS System Administration Lead

(410) 876-9200