[Fedora-directory-users] Server-Admin - SSL error blocks ability to configure Admin Server component

Carol Gibbons cgibbons at tahc.state.tx.us
Mon Mar 17 18:43:20 UTC 2008

Hello there,

I have Fedora DS v 1.0.4 installed on a Red Hat 4 workstation system.

I added a SSL certificate to the Fedora DS system today via command line.
But, the certificate hasn't been activated. The certificate is listed
correctly in java GUI Directory Server -> Manage Certificates panel.

When I go to the java GUI for the Administration Server and try to launch
Config Admin - I get an SSL error: SSL related initialization failed. I
also get this error when I click on the Manage Certificates button:  Could
not open file in admin-serv-mail-cert8.db.  I get an SSL error when I click
on any of the other admin server buttons.

I looked in the error logs for admin and slapd and no details are given.
System messages log doesn't have anything listed as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Carol