[Fedora-directory-users] FDS 1.1 console doesn't show DS

Ken Marsh kmarsh at gdrs.com
Tue Mar 18 11:56:54 UTC 2008

Hi,

I installed FDS 1.1 on RHEL 5.1 x86-64 using the instructions in
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Notes . I used the same
answers that worked in previous 1.0.4-1 installs, choosing "2" and
storing the config data on a 1.0.4-1 server. I used a different Admin
port > 9830, using the same port that my other, older FDS systems use.

When I started fedora-idm-console, it didn't already know what URL to
use. I had to enter it manually (a step backwards from 1.0.4-1
installs). Once entered, a console came up, but under the Servers and
Applications tab there are no DS instances to administer.

When I try to Admin from the 1.0.4-1 server, I get a Java dump when
expanding the Server Group for the 1.1 server. At first empty icons for
Administration Server and Directory Server show up, but the DS link does
not work. Perhaps it is too much to ask to Admin a 1.1 from an older
version, but if I cannot also admin it from itself, what am I to do? I
am trying to lever up from three 1.0.4-1 DS to 1.1, and this is the
first step in the process.

Did I miss something on install or setup, or is there a bug in the RHEL
5.1/Fedora 6 x86_64 version, possibly related to choosing an alternate
admin port?

-Ken