[Fedora-directory-users] How-To Password Policy/Account Locking/Samba Integration

Alex Fauss fds at gezi.cs.uni-sb.de
Tue Mar 18 13:43:31 UTC 2008

Hi List.

After reading a lot of topics on the list about password policy and
locking and samba integration ..., my brain is burning, because I can't
get it working.
Can someone point me to the right way?

A few words about my actual configuration.

OS: CentOS 5.1
FDS: 1.1
Samba: 3.x

ldap.conf:

pam_lookup_policy yes
pam_password exop
pam_password clear (for password history matching)

smb.conf:

encrypt passwords = yes
obey pam restrictions = no
pam password change = no
passwd chat debug = Yes
ldap passwd sync = no
unix password sync = yes
passwd program = /usr/sbin/smbldap-passwd -u %U
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\spassword:* %n\n .

fds:

Password policy enabled in "data-tab" plus fine-grained for another
sub-tree policy, where the users reside.

Thx