[Fedora-directory-users] Re: FDS 1.1 console doesn't show DS

Ken Marsh kmarsh at gdrs.com
Tue Mar 18 20:34:18 UTC 2008

Hi again,

I think I have a small bug report.

I removed all RPM's related to FDS 1.1-4 and admin on my RHEL5.1/x86_64
system, rm -fr /etc/dirsrv/slapd-server, and reinstalled it and ran
setup-ds-admin.pl again using 3 for custom and saving the config data
locally this time.

I couldn't start the Admin Server on my custom port, so I tried 9830 and
it worked. I did the grep \^Listen /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/console.conf
command as suggested in the documentation and it came up with 9830. My
terminal history was still scrollable and I can see for a fact that I
asked for a different port.

What's more, it did set that port correctly on the previous attempt when
I used "2" and saved data on a different DS. The admin server as desired
ran on my custom port. I also did the grep command after the first
attempt, and verified that it was running on my custom port.

I'm not sure if the bug exerted itself because of the reinstall over the
extant /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv directory and/or because I chose 3-custom
instead of 2.

This is a very small bug as there are two obvious workarounds; either
start the Admin console on the default port, or manually edit
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/console.conf, change it to the desired port, and
do a service dirsrv-admin stop and start.

-Ken.