[Fedora-directory-users] Glue Entry Thread

James jbushey at soleocommunications.com
Wed Mar 26 16:00:07 UTC 2008

Whoop!  I ran that search in a hurry yesterday just to have something to paste
into the email.  I had run my search and the one you suggested earlier
(correctly) but couldnt see the entry.

I did, however, manage to delete the entry which I could not see.  The trick
was, I had to shut down both masters, then start only the master that had
been printing out the errors.  At this point, the error-printing master was
not printing the error (no replication from the other server pushing this
change across).  Then, I was able to do an ldapmodify and delete the
invisible glue entry.  I then started up the other master, and replication
resumed as normal, without any error messages.

That seemed to work for me.  Thanks for all of your help.

~James

[soleo at mstrldap01 ~]$ ldapsearch -MMxw xxxx -D "cn=Directory
Manager" -b "ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com" -s one -h
10.1.5.211 '(uid=soleotester)'
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=people,dc=soleocommunications,dc=com> with scope one
# filter: (uid=soleotester)
# requesting: ALL
# with manageDSAit critical control
#