[Fedora-directory-users] Removing attributes from Active Directory on sync

Jeff Williams Jeff.Williams at infospace.com
Tue Nov 11 22:09:37 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-directory-users-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-directory-users-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Rich Megginson
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 12:47 PM
To: General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project.
Subject: Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Removing attributes from Active Directory on sync

Jeff Williams wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to create a AD<->FDS sync
>
> Our AD has the following layout:
>
> uid=myuser,Ou=User,OU=CompanyGroup,dc=ourADdomain,dc=com
>
> While our LDAP structure has the following layout:
>
> uid=myuser,ou=people,dc=ldapdomain,dc=com
>
> How can I make sure that the users from the AD
> ou=user,ou=CompanyGroup,dc=ouraddomain,dc=com are placed in the
> ou=people,dc=ldapdomain,dc=com container?

What does it do if you specify
Ou=User,OU=CompanyGroup,dc=ourADdomain,dc=com as your AD subtree and
ou=people,dc=ldapdomain,dc=com as your DS subtree?

I'm sorry, I didn't fully express what I am trying to do. Is there a way to build the sync so that all ou=user,ou=*,dc=ourADdomain,dc=com AD subtrees are pulled? Or will I have to build a different sync for each subtree?

Thanks,

Jeff Williams