[Fedora-directory-users] Frequency of sync windows

John Dickinson jad at jadickinson.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 14:22:03 UTC 2008

On 13 Nov 2008, at 13:57, Hugo Etievant wrote:

> hello,
>
> The admin manual say : "Synchronization occurs every five minutes.
> However, an incremental update can be done manually if there are
> changes that need synchronized immediately." ( http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/8.0/
>  Windows_Sync-Using_Windows_Sync.html )
>
> But my tests show that the synchro of users accounts, passwords and
> attributes of entries is being in real time between FDS and Active
> Directory without forcing "receive and send update" action in Fedora
> IDM Console !

 From my experience, it is real time from FDS -> AD but every 5 mins
from AD -> FDS. Presumably this is because all the replication (with
the exception of passwords going from AD -> FDS) is performed by FDS.
FDS knows when an event occurs in FDS and can replicate it immediately
to AD but has to poll (every 5 mins) for an event in AD.

> What are the real rules and frequencies of synchronization ?
> How can we change those parameters ?

I am not sure but I expect you have to change the code.

John