[Fedora-directory-users] Error generating certificate-signing request

Christopher Waltham cwaltham at bowdoin.edu
Mon Nov 17 19:48:58 UTC 2008

I'm having trouble generating a CSR on a pair of new DS 1.1.3 installs.

I get this error message:

"An error has occured.

Unable to convert DN to certificate name.

-----BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----"
"

(There is actually nothing listed under the "BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE
REQUEST" part).

This is my DN of the request: CN="falls", OU="Information
Technology",O="Bowdoin College",L="Brunswick",ST="Maine",C="US".

I found this thread: http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-directory/160707-error-creating-certificate-request.html
  online and tried the suggestion, i.e. removing the " quotes in the
DN. After that, the request was generated successfully -- however, I
don't think that this is good behavior.. has anyone seen this issue
before?

Chris