[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Windows sync: how do you populate the posixUser attributes?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 14:29:04 UTC 2008

Kenneth Holter wrote:

> Has anyone on the list set up such as scheme for adding posix
> attributes to users synced from AD, and would like to comment on this
> approach?
>
> I'm thinking that maybe running a cron job (for example a couple of
> times an hour) that searches for newly added users, then using
> "ldapmodify" to add the required posix attributes, may be the way to go.
That might work.  There is some documentation about how to poll Active
Directory for changes to entries:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms677626(VS.85).aspx
and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891995

I have a python-ldap script that implements support for the DirSync
control - http://github.com/richm/scripts/tree/master/dirsyncctrl.py