[Fedora-directory-users] synchronize fedora with Lotus Domino and MS Active directory

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Nov 20 12:57:49 UTC 2008

Hugo Hendriks wrote:
> I have 2 different directory servers…a Lotus Notes/Domino server and a
> Active Directory server.

That's almost exactly my job in a customer project (source DB is different).

> so I guess synchronization with AD is covered but is this also possible
> with Notes?

Depends on what you want on Domino (Notes). It's fairly easy to add
person entries to the Notes address book via Domino/LDAP (needs some
Domino server configuration tweaks) but these cannot be turned into real
Notes users with ID and mailbox files. If you want to create real Notes
users you have to add entries in the certreq database.

I'm still figuring out whether I use the Notes client with pywin32 for
that or whether to do that via DIIOP (or whether I leave that out and
just generate tickets). Several meta directory agents also seem to take
the Win32 programming approach with the Notes client.

> It also seems quite technical….are there perhaps certain tools which
> makes this more easy for you?

I'm curious on whether you find open source tools.

Ciao, Michael.