[Fedora-directory-users] FDS silent setup: Could not find user "admin" in the server 'ldap://ldap.testdomain.local:389/o=NetscapeRoot. Error: No such object

forn forn at ngs.ru
Sun Nov 23 08:29:07 UTC 2008

Hello. I'm trying to automate FDS installation. I provide the .inf file
with required parameters to setup-ds-admin.pl script. In particular,
ConfigDirectoryAdminID=admin. Directory server installs fine, but admin
server fails with "Could not find user "admin" in the server
'ldap://ldap.testdomain.local:389/o=NetscapeRoot. Error: No such object"
error. Looking in slapd log, there is no such object, indeed. It just
not getting created. If I use setup-ds-admin scipt manually, all is ok.
I also tried to provide ConfigDirectoryAdminID from command line (found
this method somewhere in CentOS mailing lists). "setup-ds-admin.pl -s -f
fds.inf General.ConfigDirectoryAdminID=admin" results in the very same
error. The system is Fedora 9 i386 and FDS version is 1.1.3, if i if of
any interest.
I'd be grateful for any assistance.