[Fedora-directory-users] CA certificate trouble

steve nguyen steve.ngu at hotmail.fr
Fri Sep 12 08:44:34 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

If you remember me I've got some problem with SSL in my sync agreement :

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2008-September/msg00000.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2008-September/msg00024.html

I think I have found what's wrong in my SSL set up.
I tried this command to verify if ssl is enabled in FDS : ldapsearch -x -ZZ '(uid=testuser)'
I check the access log, and I've got this message :
EXT oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037" name="startTLS"
RESULT err=0 tag=120 nentries=0 etime=0DISCONNECT fd=67 closed - Peer does not recognize and trust the CA that issued your certific...

As I said before I set up SSL using the second script from the FDS wiki page.
So my question is what can I do now :
- Can I fix this ?
- Should I do a full set up of SSL ?

Thanks