[Fedora-directory-users] SSL Hub replication

Juan Asensio Sánchez jasanchez at ccnt-spain.com
Wed Apr 8 13:02:19 UTC 2009

Hi

I am trying to setup the replication with SSL. I have two buildings,
each building has two servers. Each building has its own organization in
a separate database. Each organization has the replica enabled. This is
a schema of the replication agreements (C1->Center1, S1->Server1,
S2->Server2):

C1S1:
- C1 Org.: Multimaster agreement with C1S2 and C2S1
- C2 Org.: Hub agreement with C1S2
C1S2:
- C1 Org.: Multimaster agreement with C1S1 and C2S2
- C2 Org.: Hub agreement with C1S1
C2S1:
- C1 Org.: Hub agreement with C2S2
- C2 Org.: Multimaster agreement with C1S1 and C2S2
C2S2:
- C1 Org.: Hub agreement with C2S1
- C2 Org.: Multimaster agreement with C1S1 and C2S1

Non-SSL connections are disabled in all servers. I can connect with
console trough SSL, and make request to the directory server with SSL
also. The problem is the replication agreements with the hub agreements.
When I try to add a user in the C2 Org. from any server in C1 Org. I get
this error:

Cannot save to directory server:
netscape.ldap.LDAPException: Referrral connect failed: failed to connect
to server ldap://server11.center1.org.local:389 (91). cannot connect to
the LDAP server, Failed to follow referral

It looks like trying to connect to the remote server in non-SSL,
although i have configured it to make the replication agreements with
SSL. This only occurrs with hub replicas. With multimaster replicas, the
updates are sent fine.

Any idea? Thanks in advance.