[Fedora-directory-users] Proposed new features for 1.3

Chandrasekar Kannan ckannan at redhat.com
Fri Apr 10 12:44:18 UTC 2009

One of my pet peeves .. a plugin that can compress/decompress binary
data.

When we store large binary data (that can be easily compressed
and stored ) in attributes , for example CRLs, I would like to see
a ds plugin that compresses the data prior to storage. stores in
compressed form. When asked to retrieve, decompress it on-the-fly.