[Fedora-directory-users] Moving from Openldap to Directory server

Nate Golnik ngolnik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 19:56:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:27 PM, Sachin Gopal <gopalsachin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After much efforts I was able to have a samba pdc going with Fedora
> directory server. Now there
> are 100 user who are on openldap- pdc and I need to move them to directory
> server. Is there a
> tried-tested way or tools available for this. Please suggest.
>
> --
> Sachin Gopal

I just went through this last week.
1) slapcat on the openldap server to dump everything to an ldif.
2) removed the entries I didn't want to import (entryCSN, entryUUID,
structuralObjectClass, creat*, modif* etc).
3) Renamed the tree information for the entries to match the new structure.
4) Import database using fedora-idm-console under the task tab

That's it.

-Nate