[389-users] I need some help!

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 16:45:11 UTC 2009

Dimon wrote:
> Hi everyone!  I'm a beginer in Fedora Directory (389 project) server so I hope that you will give me an advice to solve my problem.
>
> I want to synchronize my diectory server with Active Directory's users (centos-ds-8.1.0). I read the manual Red Hat 8.1 and had success. But my AD users have Posix atributes (home directory, gidnumber, uidnumber, Nis Domain) and they did not synchronize.
Right.  Windows Sync does not work with posix attributes.
> I've read about DNA plugin in DS. It't written that I have to check pugin int my cn=plugins,cn=config and initialize it. I did so. I didn't have success. The probles is: my centos-ds doesn't match with the example described in the Rd Hat manual.

How so?  What example?  Can you provide a link?
> It's written that I must have parameters such dnagidnumber,dnauidnumber, dnaNextvalue and others (it is showed on the pictures). I don't have any parameters connected with dna...My Ldap schema doesn't have any dna* nevertheless plugin DNA (libdna.so) present even in my ds-tree.
These attributes and objectclasses are defined internally and not exported.
> When I filled check box in order co configure DNA nothing happend!
What check box?
> Duaring synchronization I still have no Posix account activated and parameters which I need
Do you think DNA is going to fill in home directory and  NIS domain?
> I use centos-idm-console-1.0.1 in order to manage the server. When I try to turn off DNA plugin - server says that "Server in unwilling to perform the operation. Cause the DNA plugin doesn't configure properly" - or somthing like that.
check the directory server access and errors logs for more information.
> I found manual about configure centos-ds with pictures - and as I said (it's written that I have to turn on DNA plugin - just fill check box).

Enabling and disabling plugin requires a server restart.
> I have no idea how to solve it. May be you will have some time to give me a clue about it. I need it very much. And I have the other problem with it. I want to change the password using ldappasswd. It's required using LDAPS port 636. When I'm trying to use  ldpapasswd - or ldapsearch on 636 port, session waiting for something and it seams nothing happens, session just waits. I tryed to debug it using ldapsearch with -d. I didn't see any mistakes. I have feeling that it is connected with ldap.conf (client) but I don't know how to solve it yet. Using ldapsearch on 389 port - everything is fine.

Can you paste the output of ldappasswd -d 1 to fpaste.org and paste the
link here?