[389-users] Cannot start Admin server - host_ip_init():

Fairchild, Anthony AnthonyFairchild at Tupperware.com
Wed Dec 23 16:21:44 UTC 2009

Sorry to reply to my own message, but I have come across some
information which might narrow down the search.

>From the Directory Server Console GUI, if I open up (by
double-clicking):

Server Group

  389 Administration Server

    admin-serv-us1lxas111(this is the hostname)

      configuration

make no changes, and just click on the OK button at the bottom, I get an
error message that says "Unknown error with naming attribute"