[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Referential Integrity

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Tue Feb 3 20:20:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 13:55 -0500, Tim Hartmann wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> > Hi, Tim.  I didn't have time to peruse this (still under a nasty
> > deadline) but I was looking for one thing I didn't see in your post.
> > I'm pulling this from memory so please double check it but did you
> > enable the presence attribute (?) for indexing on all the items listed i
> > the referential integrity plugin?
> >
> > By the way, if I might mention it, would you kindly post to the bottom
> > of future threads.  Top posting makes it very difficult for newcomers to
> > the list to follow.  Thanks - John
> >

> Whoops! Clearly an indication of my own newness! Bottom posting it shall
> be!
>
> Presence shows up as enabled by default in the index that I created.
> When I created the the index for memberuid both "equality" and
> "presence" were preselected, so I figured I'd just stick with the defaults.
>
> No worries about time, thank you very much for looking at this with me
> at all!  I'll look forward to hearing from you when time permits!
<snip>
I believe it presence needs to be checked for all the fields using
referential integrity and does not default to on for the pre-existing
fields.  Again - pulling this from memory.  Good luck and thanks for
sharing your results - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation