Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Problems with Numeric String Syntax

Rich Megginson wrote:
> Rocio Quirantes wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I have installed Fedora DS, and I am extending my schema, I used the
>> ol-schema-migrate.pl script to migrate some openldap schemas.
>> The problem is that when I restart th server, I get an error about the
>> syntax oid of an atributte that is Numeric String
>> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.36, but it is supposed to be supported,
>> isn't it?
> No, Fedora DS does not currently support that syntax OID.  You can use
> 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 instead

But if one just substitutes Numeric String with another string syntax
like Directory String or IA5 String one has to be prepared that matching
works slightly differently! Depending on the behaviour of the client
applications that could be a problem.

Ciao, Michael.