[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP performances = databases

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 15:13:52 UTC 2009

Emmanuel BILLOT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since i'm triying to tune our FDS db, i wander if there is a maximum
> number of entries per db.
Yes - about 2 billion (2^31)
> We've got 20.000 entries stored in 1 db and indexes seems to be well
> configured, however a quite hard request (ldapsearch -x -h host-b
> "dc=foo,dc=com" "(|(|(givenname=*doe*)(sn=*doe*)(uid=*doe*)))"
> has a quite slow result.
Make sure givenname, sn, and uid are indexed for substring.  You can use
logconv.pl to see if you are getting any unindexed searches.  You might
also need to increase your nsslapd-idlistscanlimit - see
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/cli/8.0/Configuration_Command_File_Reference-Plug_in_Implemented_Server_Functionality_Reference-Database_Plug_in_Attributes.html