[Fedora-directory-users] Problems with multimaster replicationconfiguration

Rocio Quirantes rquirantes at cica.es
Thu Feb 19 08:08:27 UTC 2009

Visolve LDAP Group escribió:

> Hi Rocio Quirantes,
>

> From your configuration I understood you are setting up replication
> between two master servers say M1 and M2.
>

> The rest of the configuration is fine. Once I too faced the same
> issue. I got it worked by adding the following entry in both the
> servers M1 and M2. I not clear in which server you added the
> cn=replication manager,cn=config entry.(M1 or M2)
>

> dn: cn=replication manager,cn=config
>
> objectClass: person
>
> objectClass: top
>
> cn: replication manager
>
> sn: RM
>
> userPassword: {SSHA} XXX
>
> passwordExpirationTime: 20380119031407Z
>
> modifiersName:
>
> uid=admin,ou=administrators,ou=topologymanagement,o=netscaperoo

> modifyTimestamp: 20090217141706Z
>

> If u added it in any one of the master servers try adding it in both
> (in both M1 and M2) sides. Because the read-write replicas in both
> master servers hold the *nsDS5ReplicaBindDN: cn=replication
> manager,cn=config *attribute.
>

> So definitely each master will look for cn=replication
> manager,cn=config entry in the another one.
>
> *Ex:* M1 will search M2 for dn: cn=replication manager,cn=config and viz.,
>

> So if any one of the masters is not able to find the above entry it
> throws such error.
>

> Hope this will work.
>

> Regards,
>
> ViSolve LDAP Team

Hello, I have the user in both servers but thank you, I solved the
problem, it was about the password, I deactivated Legacy consumer, and I
got the error:

[19/Feb/2009:08:58:10 +0100] NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=ldap2"
(ldap2:636): Simple bind resumed
[19/Feb/2009:08:58:10 +0100] NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=ldap2"
(ldap2:636): Replication bind to cn=replication manager,cn=config on
consumer failed: 49 ()

And I realised that the problem was with the password, it had a { on it,
but it appeared as a Ç, very strange
Thank you again