[Fedora-directory-users] schema replication

Nicolas CAREL nicolas.carel at inrp.fr
Fri Feb 20 08:56:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

We had some bad experiences manipulating 99users.ldif in the past. I
confirm that Rich's method is the good one. To do so, we setted up
several schemas :

# ls /etc/dirsrv/<slapd-instance>/schema
00core.ldif      20subscriber.ldif      50ns-directory.ldif  *91supann.ldif*
01common.ldif    25java-object.ldif     50ns-mail.ldif       *92inrp.ldif*
05rfc2247.ldif   28pilot.ldif           50ns-value.ldif      *93radius.ldif*
05rfc2927.ldif   30ns-common.ldif       50ns-web.ldif        *94fw1.ldif*
10presence.ldif  50ns-admin.ldif        60pam-plugin.ldif    99user.ldif
10rfc2307.ldif   50ns-certificate.ldif  *90eduperson.ldif*

We used 9x prefixes to avoid collisions with futur schemas :
*90eduperson.ldif : is for Internet 2*
*91supann.ldif : is for French Academic adaptations to Internet 2
**92inrp.ldif : is for local attributes (instead of 99user !)
**93radius.ldif : is for radius serveur (eduroam services)
**94fw1.ldif : is for CheckPoint Firewall 1 RemoteSecure (VPN) users

These schemas are installed before FDS first start.
**
*These are classes setted up for employees :

dn: uid=<my user>,ou=people,dc=inrp,dc=fr
objectClass: supannPerson
objectClass: eduPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: inetorgPerson
objectClass: inrpPerson
objectClass: inrpLan
objectClass: inrpWifi
objectClass: fw1person
objectClass: mailRecipient
objectClass: ntUser

The people branch drives : postfix, Active Directory, unix ftp, radius,
Intranet applications...(not exhaustive)
Successful tests with MacOS X and pGina (Windows LDAP/Gina pam module
without a domain controler)

Regards,

--
*Nicolas CAREL
**Service Commun Informatique
Tel : 04 72 76 61 43  -  e-mail : nicolas.carel at inrp.fr

*Institut National de Recherche Pédagogique
<http://www.inrp.fr/>*19 allée de Fontenay - B.P. 17424 - 69347 LYON
CEDEX 07
Standard : 04 72 76 61 00 - Télécopie : 04 72 76 61 10