[Fedora-directory-users] Creating a Certificate With Multiple Hostnames

Emmanuel BILLOT emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
Wed Feb 25 15:45:50 UTC 2009

lambam80 at hotmail.com a écrit :
> Wildcard certificates may still work.
>
> Netscape unfortunately yanked their pages on the subject so my legacy
> Bookmarks can't help you.
>
> I'm not sure if the CMS is able to create them, however, the page I
> remember related to the Netscape
> Enterprise (read: Web) server.
>
> However, I have found a reference:
>
> https://www.thawte.com/ssl-digital-certificates/wildcardssl/index.html
I'e found some doc on
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/8.0/Managing_SSL-Using_certutil.html#certutil-procedure

So i tried
certutil -R -n "mycert" -s "CN="gaia.toutou.fr", OU="DSI", O="IRD",
L="Orleans", C="FR"" -8 "waren.toutou.fr" -t "u,u,u" -m 1001 -v 120 -d .
-a -o cert.csr -k rsa -g 1024 -f /tmp/pwdfile

I understood it should generate a csr which include NDS alias
waren.toutou.fr

I signed it with a personnal CA, but a request doesn't give the second
DNS name.

Is there any command to check if the what is in the csr file ?

> I'll look at home, tonight, to see if I have the old Netscape pages on
> disk somewhere but the above
> link gives you the general idea.
> Cheers
>
> > Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:52:45 +0100
> > From: emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
> > To: Fedora-directory-users at redhat.com
> > CC:
> > Subject: [Fedora-directory-users] Creating a Certificate With
> Multiple Hostnames
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We need to bind on a FDS in sceure mode, with client using several
> > hostname for this server.
> > Is it possible to create a multiple hostname certificate ?
> >
> > BR,
> >
> > --

Emmanuel BILLOT
IRD - Orléans
Délégation aux Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
tél : 02 38 49 95 88