[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Sync Not working with AD password = P at ssw0rd ?

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jan 20 15:55:53 UTC 2009

lambam80 at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello everybody and thanks for the tremendous support to date.
>
> Firstly, yes I'm a paranoid personality ...
>
> It's too late for me to try recreating this problem using my existing
> machines.
>
> Is it possible that accounts created on RHDS are not 'replicated' to
> Active-Directory
> if the AD Administrator password is 'P at ssw0rd' <mailto:%27P at ssw0rd%27>
> ? Please note, shame on me,
> I'm performing my replication using the AD Administrator account.
>
> If you've not yet died laughing, at my expense :-) , any help would be
> greatly appreciated.
So, if you use a windows sync user password of 'P at ssw0rd', windows sync
doesn't work?  But if you use a password that does not contain the @
character, it does work?   Have you tried using ldapsearch from the
command line to test your username and password?  e.g. something like
ldapsearch -x -h adhostname -D
"cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=com" -w 'P at ssw0rd' -s base -b ""

Try turning on error log level 8192 and attempt windows sync again -
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ#Troubleshooting