[389-users] Re-enable or move NetscapeRoot

Andrew Kerr andrew.kerr at amdocs.com
Thu Jul 9 19:15:10 UTC 2009

I found a page on the wiki that helped:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:AdminServerLDAPMgmt.  In
addition to following the directions under "How to change the user/group
LDAP server", I also had to edit
/opt/fedora-ds/slapd-<server>/config/dse.ldif and change:

under:
dc: cn=Pass Through Authentication,cn=plugins,cn=config

I changed:
nssldap-pluginarg0: <url of new server>

I'm not sure if the stuff on the wiki page is what did it, or just
editing the dse.ldif... I'm new to this and it is still a bit confusing.
But all seems to be good now.  I could log in to the admin console on
the second (new) master.  At that point I could have re-enabled the
NetscapeRoot on the other (old) master, but I don't want to - I think at
this point I can kill the old master (?).