[389-users] still wasted :(

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jul 15 18:51:21 UTC 2009

Maurizio Marini wrote:
> After reinstalling this morning and recovered nigthly backup, i cannot again
> access Admin Console
> If i use admin/password i get:
> netscape.ldap.LDAPException error result(32) No such object

fedora-idm-console -D 9 -f console.log
also check the /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv logs
you should also be able to look at the directory server logs
/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-instance/access to see what request is returning
err=32

Finally, if you are willing to just start over again from scratch, save
your data to ldif (db2ldif - but omit o=NetscapeRoot data) and run
remove-ds-admin.pl
this will wipe out everything, completely, so be sure to save your data
first in a safe place (not in any dirsrv directory).

Then, run setup-ds-admin.pl again, and then restore your data.
> if i try to access using
> cn=Directory manage / Password
>
> i am allowed to access, but then there is only "Administration server"
> available in the tree, if i click on Directory Server, i get a Red error
> telling me that rpm package
> fedora-idm-console
> was not found and i should reinstall it
>
> i would change my strategy
>
> can i backup an ldif file containing samba objects, only?
> I would reinstall everything on another server and after configured samba
> domain with Domain
> dn: sambaDomainName=DOMAIN,dc=xxxxx,dc=it
> and Administrator
> i would restore a backup with samba only data
>

> so, apart from
> all directory config
> domain
> administrator
>
> what i would export would be:
> samba user
> computers
> groups
>
> is it sufficient to use a command with a filter like
> "(objectclass=sambaSAMAccount)"
> ?
>
> if yes, could someone please suggest me the db2ldif command line to export
> only this data in ldif format file?

You cannot use db2ldif to filter the data.  You could use ldapsearch.
But why not just dump and save everything under dc=xxxxx,dc=it?