[389-users] registered with an admin server behind a firewall

Joel Heenan joelh at planetjoel.com
Thu Jul 23 01:38:44 UTC 2009

I'm using Directory Server 8.1 on CentOS.

I have multi-mastered servers setup in our administrative network secured
and locked away working well. I have consumers setup out in other network
zones and am planning to setup replication out to these servers. I wanted to
keep the console as a single administration point for all the servers but I
can't work out how I can register the consumers with the console given that
they have no network access. Is the access needed once you have registered
them? If not I could punch a quick ssh tunnel or something which would allow
them to register.

Thanks

Joel