[389-users] Krb5kdc startup instance

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Jul 28 13:13:12 UTC 2009

John Robert Mendoza wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After installing an IPA server on a machine, I have found out that after
> each bootup the kdc instance does not initialize at startup.  I have to
> manually start it up using #service krb5kdc start.
>
> Is this normal or have I missed any options during my installation.
>
> Thanks
>
> John Robert Mendoza

Are you using NetworkManager for networking?

If so, try adding NETWORKWAIT=yes to /etc/sysconfig/network file to
block startup for up to 10 seconds while waiting for a network
connection to come up (from
http://www.freeipa.org/page/TroubleshootingGuide)

Also, IPA has its own set of mailing lists, freeipa-user and freeipa-devel.

rob