[389-users] OpenLDAP as a slave of Fedora Directory Server?

Anne Cross across at itasoftware.com
Thu Jul 30 22:02:12 UTC 2009

I've been through the FDS/389 website, and the best I've come up with is
this: http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:OpenldapIntegration

Unfortunately, that gives me the sync in the wrong direction.  We have
pre-existing OpenLDAP servers that belong to a different group.  We're
supposed to be their ultimate source of data - once we get set up - but
they won't change their servers from OpenLDAP because, as they say, they
know how they work and why should they do more work.

I don't need data synced back from OpenLDAP, but syncrepl doesn't appear
to do the right thing when pointed at an FDS directory server, so what's
the secret, undocumented method?  Even a hint would help.  Google just
keeps turning up pages where people have named their box "Fedora" and
it's all openldap to openldap.

--
,___,
{o,o}  Anne "Juniper" Cross