[389-users] Active Directory Chaining - Search Filters fail

Alex Davies alex at davz.net
Mon Jun 1 16:13:43 UTC 2009

Hi.

I have setup a FDS server to chain a AD server, following instructions
at http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:ChainToAD

If I ldapsearch the server, I get the first 1000 items back -
regardless of the search filter I specify:

ldapsearch -x localhost -b "dc=acme,dc=local" "(uid=alexd)"
... lots of output (look fine)
# search result
search: 2
result: 4 Size limit exceeded

# numResponses: 1005
# numEntries: 1000
# numReferences: 4

Search bases work, so if I specify a OU that has < 1000 members
everything works.

There are no errors in the error log, although the graphical view of
dc=acme,dc=local does not work in the console (big red "X" and a null
error message when I double click).

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Alex