[389-users] New to FDS, need some assistance with DIT configuration

David Christensen David.Christensen at viveli.com
Thu Jun 11 21:30:17 UTC 2009

I am a little more familiar with OpenLDAP than I am with FDS, so some of
the FDS configuration is familiar, however I am stuck with how to
implement access controls for all the servers I manage etc.  As of right
now if you are authenticated by FDS you have access to every resource
that uses FDS for authentication.

Research indicates that I need to have all the objects I want to manage
in FDS and I need to use PAM with a modified ldap.conf file for each server.

What is the best way to implement privileges using FDS, listing allowed
hosts for each user or allowed users for each host, and how do I create
the entries in FDS for both conditions?

Thanks in advance for the help.