[389-users] GID error

Doug Coats dcoatshca at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:45:11 UTC 2009

Thanks for you help John and Braden.

I tried using the the Directory Server area of the Console to add the object
class "posixgroup" to the Groups, People, user dcoats, and group dcoats.

So I make myself clear I did this by double clicking on Directory Server in
the Management Console.  I then clicked on the Directory tab.  I selected my
Directory Server Identifier and right clicked on each of the items mentioned
above.  I selected Advanced Properties, clicked on Object Class from the
list, and then clicked on Add Value.  I selected posixgroup from the list
and I got the following error after I click on OK.

Object class violation; missing attribute "gidNumber" required by object
class "posixGroup"

Thanks!