[389-users] Promote a consumer to become a multimaster supplier

Dumbo Q dumboq at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 20:35:45 UTC 2009

I have setup my 1st directory server and have it running the way i would like it to.   The next step for me was to create a second server so that I have two masters. Since I have not done this before, I thought it would make sense to make the second server a consumer only first, and then change it to become multi-master.  This was partiallly just to teach myself how to setup a consumer.
Following redhats docs I set up the consumer, and it worked instantly with no trouble.  However I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to make this multimaster.  I am not making too much sense out of multimaster documentation that i've found in the redhat deploy, install, and admin manuals.   Does anyone have some better documentation about how to do this?